I love a mocktail. It elevates the moment, gives me something delicious to sip on, and doesn’t make me tired or interfere with my sleep. I enjoy many tea-infused mocktails. But since I usually drink mocktails in the evening and don’t drink caffeine that late, tea mocktails aren’t my go-to choices.
Here’s the recipe for my grapefruit- and honey-centered mocktail. It’s on my repeat list lately. I hope you enjoy it.
You’ll notice this recipe calls for honey syrup. A quick note about that. You *could* use simple syrup or another liquid sweetener. But, honey syrup is easy and fast to make, dissolves beautifully in even cold drinks, and adds a rich and delicious complexity.
GRAPEFRUIT BEE’S KNEES MOCKTAIL
- 1/2 oz honey syrup (or more, to taste)
- 2 oz grapefruit juice
- 2-4 drops Angostura Bitters
- 4 oz seltzer
- 1 sprig rosemary (optional)
- TO MAKE THE HONEY SYRUP (more than you need for this recipe): Combine equal parts honey and water in a saucepan. (You can use as little as ¼ c. each.) Stir over medium high heat until dissolved, then add one more minute. Cool and refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- TO MAKE THE MOCKTAIL: Combine room temperature (or even better, chilled) honey syrup, grapefruit juice and Angostura Bitters. If you are using the optional rosemary sprig, pour the liquids over it to infuse a stronger rosemary flavor or add it at the end for a more subtle one. Top with seltzer. Enjoy!
Interested in other cold and elegant drinks? Check out my post “How to Make Sparkling Tea.”
We have a Tea Infusiast newsletter! Find out the advantages of subscribing and the link to sign up at this post: “Tea Infusiast Newsletter Launching in January 2023!“
Also, looking to integrate some pauses into your workday with a small group of supportive tea lovers? Check out our Virtual Tea Table group!
2 replies on “Grapefruit Bee’s Knees Mocktail”
What a great idea for a mocktail! Can’t wait to try this one.
Hi Nicole! I really enjoy this mocktail. I hope you do, too. I’d love to hear if you try it and how you might customize it.